If you are a current member of USLA, please return to the Home page and click on Sign In. If you don't know your username and password, instructions can be found there. THE REGISTRATION PROCESS BELOW IS FOR NON-MEMBERS ONLY WHO WISH TO REGISTER FOR THE FIRST TIME.
- Professional— ($30) To qualify as a Professional Member, an individual must: (1) Be a direct, active, seasonal or retired individual, including a chief, director or equivalent, who has worked in the capacity as a lifeguard of an ocean, bay, lake, river or open water lifesaving or rescue service; and, (2) Have worked a minimum of eight hours annually for a respective service, or be retired from the service, having worked in the service fifteen (15) years or more and maintained membership, in good standing, in the USLA; and, (3) Be a member of a local chapter; and, (4) Pay annual dues to the chapter, region and national organization as prescribed by the Board of Directors of each.
- Perpetual-- ($1,000) Perpetual Members pay dues once and enjoy the benefits of USLA membership without interuption for their entire lifetime. To qualify as a Perpetual Member, an individual must meet all of the requirements of a Professional Member (above) or of an Alumnus Member (below), but after this single payment, Perpetual Members never pay dues again.
- Alumnus Member— ($30) To qualify as an Alumnus Member, an individual must: (1) Have previously been a Professional Member; and, (2) Be currently ineligible for Professional Member status.
- Associate Member— ($30) Any individual who does not otherwise qualify as a member and who desires to support and obtain membership in the USLA is eligible to be an Associate Member.
- Junior Lifeguard Member— ($10) Available to boys and girls 9-17 years old who are registered in a USLA-affiliated junior lifeguard program.
- JG Program Coordinators: for information on how to sign up all your Juniors Guards through bulk group registration please contact the USLA Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Member— ($500) The USLA allows corporations to become Corporate Members, upon application and a review by the USLA. Membership is contingent upon approval of the USLA, in our sole discretion. Corporate membership is governed by the Corporate Membership Agreement. Corporate members may identify themselves as a USLA Corporate Member, receive the right to limited use of the USLA logo, and are offered several additional benefits listed in the Corporate Membership Agreement.
PLEASE NOTE: The USLA membership year begins on July 1st each year and expires on the following June 30th, regardless of the date on which you initially join. The annual membership fee is NOT pro-rated when signing up throughout the year, but we do have a 90 day grace period in advance of each membership year. This means that if you sign-up anytime after April 1st in a given year, you will be enrolled in the UPCOMING membership year.
For questions or more information, please contact the USLA Membership Chair at email@example.com.